Monday 2 March 2015

Paying It Forward

Last week my grandma called me to tell me a story and could barely finish a sentence because she was so excited. Earlier that day, she had decided to treat herself to a nice lunch ("with a glass of wine"), after which point she went up to the counter to pay. The waiter informed her that another couple had seen her dining alone and had taken care of her meal. She didn't quite understand at first and insisted that she at least handle the tip, which she found out had also been paid for. The couple slipped out of the restaurant without taking credit for their sweet gesture, hopefully finding pleasure in the fact that they had made a sweet older lady's day. 

I was so touched thinking about how they had gone out of their way for my grandma that it inspired me to pay it forward in the future in a similar way.

No comments:

Post a Comment