Monday 2 February 2015

My Worst Technological Snafu


I consider myself to be relatively technologically savvy. If there's a new app or a way to improve my site's SEO, chances are I've at least heard of it. But, that's not to say that I haven't made my fair share of mistakes over the years.
The other night, my friends and I were talking about social media and its impact on our lives. We all admitted it can play too big a role in our day-to-day existence. In the morning when I first wake up, I'm quickly brought up to speed on what everyone's having for breakfast and if I have to wait in line, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll be passing the time on Instagram.
One friend revealed how she'd recently been put in charge of her company's Facebook account and inadvertently posted a personal update. Needless to say, she not only got in trouble but was also certifiably embarrassed. We all told some of our less-than-graceful social media snafus, so I thought it would be funny to share mine. It happened when Facebook required your status to have an "is" at the end of it, ie. "Stenice Taylor is..." I was trying to look up/casually stalk a friend with whom I'd lost contact, but instead of typing her name into the search bar, I accidentally entered it as my status, which read, "Stenice Taylor is Nikki Chang*." Luckily I caught it immediately, but not after I nearly swore off doing anything online ever again.
I'd love to know - what's your most embarrassing social media mishap?
*name has been changed to protect the innocent.

P.S. The battery pack my friends swear by for the iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment