Monday 2 February 2015

Monthly Beauty Buys

I'm always curious about the beauty products my friends are into and this month I essentially raided one of their bathroom cabinets, (sorry, Julia!), during a recent visit. At first I was simply drawn to the packaging of this toner, but after removing my make-up and trying it out, I became an immediate convert. The same went for the eyebrow pencil, that has a unique feature, and a lip pencil that somehow looks good on nearly every skin tone. Read on for the reasoning behind this month's favorite beauty buys.


Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel. After I wash my face at night, there was always a little makeup left over, which I'd discover on my pillow case. I knew I should be incorporating a toner into my routine, to help with this issue, but I wanted to find one that was both natural and hydrating. This product is made with organic witch hazel and is alcohol-free, which doesn't strip my skin and makes it super soft.

Topshop Lip Bullet in Plastique. I'm drawn to pastel pinks that veer a bit purple and this one reminds me of my all-time favorite shade (MAC 'Snob'), but with a less retro finish. It's still matte and not at all frosty, which is key for not channeling Barbie, and I love that the pencil glides on easily and looks more like a stain than a lipstick.

Burberry 'Effortless' Brow Definer. I own a few eyebrow pencils, but none of them give me results like this one. The flat, angled tip glides on easily, depositing subtle color that doesn't look drawn on or fake. The best features are that it doesn't require any sharpening and the other end is a bristly comb, which are two shortcuts that go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment