Saturday 4 April 2015

Four Entertaining Staples

St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur - My dad introduced me to this sweet, floral liqueur a few years back and it's quickly become a favorite amongst our friends. It's great on its own, but really shines when used in a champagne cocktail, or mixed with some citrus juice and gin.

Truffle Salt - Since actual truffles are ridiculously expensive, we opt for this seasoning. We use it on a lot of our vegetable dishes, add it to mashed potatoes and even sprinkle it on top of popcorn for a twist on a classic snack.

Peppadew Peppers - A great cheese plate should include a nice variety of savory bites, so I also always have jars of cornichons, olives, and large capers in the fridge. But these peppers from Whole Foods always draw rave reviews. They're sweet and slightly spicy, and complement sharp cheddar and aged goudas perfectly.

Gourmet Ice Cream Sauce - While I eat plenty of ice cream, I'm not a huge fan of over-the-top sundaes. I prefer to keep my dessert simple, but I make an exception with these sauces. My friend brought these as a thank you gift when she stayed with us and they make any dessert better. And for those in-between times, they're also excellent eaten straight out of the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment