Thursday 12 September 2013

Comfort Zones

That's why I surprised even myself a couple of weekends back with a purchase: I bought my first pair of Birkenstocks. I'll admit that after reading this Vogue article, they suddenly became more appealing, though still an eyesore. But I'd been searching for a sandal that was easy to throw on and also provided some support, and these fit the bill.
Of course there's a certain amount of judgement that goes along with buying into a trend that was never considered fashionable, especially when it seems slightly out of character. In fact, one friend said, "Ha, I can't believe you're wearing Birkenstocks." 
But fashion, above all else, should be fun. It should excite you to try new things, experiment with different trends, and go outside your comfort zone, every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment