Wednesday 25 September 2013

My New Favorite Vintage Find

Flea markets can be overwhelming, but a midst all of the random objects and questionable smells, you can find some really special pieces. This past weekend my friend found this vintage gazelle bust and couldn't wait to get it home {it was well worth the long trek to my car where we nearly speared three people with its antlers}. Despite its large size, I was fairly certain it would be a versatile piece that could work in several different places.


In the bedroom, I used the antlers and ears for hanging bracelets and hats. Since space in the bedroom is limited, it was nice that it not only added dimension, but also served as a great place to store accessories.
The piece also worked well on the mantle. The ceiling in her living room is exceptionally high, so it helped create a nice sense of space by adding some height a midst framed photographs, geode candlesticks, and a single rose.
When decorating the coffee table, I made sure to cheat the gazelle to the side, so that it wouldn't interfere with people trying to talk. To balance the table a bit, I placed a stack of books on the opposite side and peppered in essential items like coasters, matches, and a candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment