Sunday 31 August 2014

Bare Face, Bold Lip


I've always loved the look of bright lips with a bare face, but in past iterations, I may have taken the term "bare" a bit too literally. I thought that it meant not a stitch of makeup besides a heavy-handed swipe of aforementioned lipstick. Let's be honest, no one wants to see the redness around my nose or blemishes on my chin. After looking at some pictures of celebs who are famous for the look (namely Alexa andSienna), I realized that though their skin looks clean and dewy, it's far from being makeup-free. With that said, here are the steps I take in order to achieve that "bare skin" bright lip look.


1. Apply foundation over red spots to even out skin tone.

2. Then addbronzer to cheekbones, eyelids, hairline and to the sides of the nose.


3. Dot liquid liner between lashes to make them look fuller. Use mascara only on the tips of the lashes. 


5. Fill in brows with brow powder (it looks more natural than pencil) and brush the hairs upward.

 Finish with an illuminator on the tops of cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose. Apply lipstick as you normally would.  

No comments:

Post a Comment