Monday 18 August 2014

The Videos That Make Me Cry


It’s no secret that I’m a crier. I’m both an empathetic crier and a sympathetic one, meaning if someone else is getting emotional, chances are, I’m tearing up right alongside them. But it wasn't until recently when I saw a commercial that made me cry (this one) that I realized that I have a very specific set of triggers that pretty much guarantee that I'm going to be a mess in a matter of seconds. Here are the top three things that make me cry, in no particular order:
1. Military men/women seeing loved ones for the first time. A dad coming home from Afghanistan to surprise his daughters at their school assembly? This one makes me weep.
2. Animals overcoming struggles or experiencing pure happiness. I have a loooong list of videos for this one, but none are as classic as Christian the Lion.
3. Sweet sports stories. A special needs team manager makes four three-point baskets in under two minutes. This gives me goosebumps all over my body. 

Sometimes you just need a good (happy) cry, and these quick videos do the trick in less than a few minutes (and if you're looking for a movie recommendation, this is my go-to). 

I'd love to know - do you have any videos that can make you cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment