Tuesday 5 August 2014

Sending Condolences


Just this past spring, I found myself in another tough position when a friend was balancing far too much on her plate and was struggling under the weight of it all. I felt helpless and even though I repeatedly asked if there was anything I could do, she politely refused. So I changed my approach. Instead of putting the obligation on her to respond with a “yes", my friend and I spent a day corralling her favorite things. We pulled together a care package that included several artisan meals she could heat up, french macarons, a bouquet of flowers, wine and some fancy cheese. We dropped by that night to give it to her and she cried in my arms while we hugged. 

I realized then that there's no right way to handle a difficult situation when it comes to those you love, but that even a little bit of effort can make a huge impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment