Tuesday 16 July 2013

Mastering The Midi Skirt






midi2Skirts are a year-round staple in my closet. In the past, lengths I've been drawn towards have been either on the shorter side or maxi, excluding anything in between. But this upcoming season I’m loving the midi skirt. It’s feminine, flattering, and when styled in the right way, it’s a completely modern take on a 50's silhouette. Keys to mastering this trend include length {the skirt should fall right below the knee}, proper balance {this isn't the time to throw on all of your vintage gems}, as well as highlighting the waist. Here I've broken down ways to make it work.
midi6
Look 1. This crisp faille skirt is the ideal length and has nice femme lines. To offset the look, I've paired it with a casual striped tee, like this muscle tank , which should be tucked in at the waist in order to give definition. As for shoes, I would choose something that looks completely modern and sleek, like these peep-toe lace-ups and add fun details like a long tassel necklace and a berry lip stain.
Look 2. For this look, I paired a floral pencil skirt with a peplum top. Pepulm tops are great  because they create a waist without having to be tucked in. I like the idea of wearing it with gladiator sandals and an over sized hobo bag to make the look more casual, while still adding some sparkle with some gold bangles.
Look 3. In this outfit, I started with an a-line midi skirt  and paired it with a denim jacket in a light wash.  For the midi trend, jackets should hit your body either at the hips or just above. As for shoes, I like these red strappy sandals as they’re an unpredictable balance to a sweet eyelet skirt and provide a good splash of color. Added details like a streamlined clutch and some iridescent sunglasses keep things feeling current.

No comments:

Post a Comment