Monday 15 July 2013

Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake Muffins






blueberry_crumb1
My love for baked goods has been well documented, but I’ve never been particularly drawn to coffee cake. It always felt like something I’d eat when I was a grandmother, playing Bridge. But whenever you top anything with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, it’s going to be amazing. I’ve been on a summer berry kick for the past few weeks so I followed this Ina Garten recipe and added a basic streusel on top. The muffins were decadent and dense and made our entire place smell like a cozy Sunday morning (reality: I made them on a sweltering Tuesday afternoon). They’ve managed to completely change my perception of coffee cake in one bite.
bluberry coffee cake

final blueberry coffee cake

bluberry coffee cake 1

No comments:

Post a Comment