Wednesday 24 September 2014

Toast: Four Ways

I see my share of food trends, early and often. The ubiquity of gluten-free/vegan/juiced/non-GMO food is so common, it's no longer a trend but part of the regular menu at many restaurants. However, when a friend of mine told me about the newest trend in San Francisco, 'artisanal toast', I thought it was something I could really support. It's such a simple concept and when done right, turns a basic breakfast into something special. I made my four favorite versions, using a hearty loaf from Harvest Bakery and ingredients that I typically have in stock.


Lox + Chive Cream Cheese
Ingredients: Cream Cheese, Chives, Lox, Dill, Capers, Lemon


Mediterranean Veggie
Ingredients: Tomato+Garlic Hummus, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Feta, Olive Oil 


Peanut Butter + Banana + Sea Salt
Ingredients: Peanut Butter (unsalted), Banana, Honey, Maldon Sea Salt, Ground Cinnamon


Avocado with a Kick
Ingredients: Avocado, Radish, Shallot, Lemon Zest, Maldon Sea Salt, Olive Oil, Red Chili Flakes



No comments:

Post a Comment