Friday 27 June 2014

Blueberry Coconut Smoothie

I know a lot of people that don't eat breakfast and are able to function normally. I'm one of those people. If I have a pretty substantial meal early in the day, I'll be a useless mess. Thankfully my boyfriend is an early riser and typically makes a pretty dense breakfast, but on the days where he's not feeling it, we have several go-to smoothies (recipe below), which can be made in minutes. My favorite is this blueberry coconut version, which has enough stuff to kinda hold me over to lunch, but isn't quite as satisfying as eggs and bacon.





It's also thick enough to eat with a spoon, if you like to add a topping like fresh berries or chia seeds.

Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut water 
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk 
2 tsp honey or agave syrup (adjust sweetness to preferred taste)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 or 2 fresh nectarines (optional, when in season)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I like Warrior Food)
1/2 - 1 cup of ice (depending on how thick you like)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
1 tbs chia, flex or hemp seeds (optional)
Recipe
1. Place liquid ingredients into blender, followed by the ice, fruit and protein powder.
2. Turn blender to highest setting and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly blended. Don't mix for too long, or the protein powder may get slightly gummy.
3. Pour smoothie into a glass, top with fruit or seeds and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment