Thursday 5 June 2014

Instagram Insights

My Go-To Filters

Droplet Tool

One of my favorite tools to use within Instagram is the droplet tool, which lets you focus on one specific area (in either a linear or circular shape) leaving the rest of the photo blurry. 
Finding the right light

One of the most obvious but important aspects of taking a good photograph has to do with the right light. I prefer soft, muted light that's not in the direct sun, but doesn't feel too dark.
Play with scale

While I almost always prefer items to fill the frame and be centered, I also appreciate a change in scale by pulling out a bit. Something as simple as three sparkly nail polishes can suddenly look artistic when shot from further back.
Fill the shot

A solitary pair of sunglasses looks nice, but I usually prefer to add in a few other elements to keep it visually intriguing. A make-up pouch with bangles and a favorite lip balm helps complete the shot.
My favorite apps

Over: The best app for adding text to your photos.
Afterlight: Simple and straightforward editing tools, with great frame options.
VSCO: The most comprehensive editing app, tons of functionality and a strong community. 
TiltShift: Instagram has tilt shift built in, but this app provides slightly more robust options. 
People I love to follow
@jengotch: bright, happy photos; funny captions.

@julieskitchen: gorgeous food creatively displayed.
@viewfromthetopp: one girl's take on fashion.
@instabraid: tons of braided inspiration.
@tunameltsmyheart: my favorite dog to follow (often in adorable outfits.) 
@mydaywithleo: cut-outs of '90s-era Leonardo DiCaprio.

No comments:

Post a Comment