Tuesday 10 June 2014

Simple Moments


I think it's oddly more acceptable to complain about the trivial things that bother you than it is to take note of special little moments throughout the day. It's even perpetuated by a lack of naming conventions since there's no antonym of "pet peeve" in the dictionary (and yes, I checked). Until there's a word that describes those simple things that make you smile, I've compiled a list of my top ten.
1. When my favorite song is playing on the radio as soon as I start the car.
2. When I find money in my pockets that I had forgotten about.
3. When I'm not feeling well and realize I have absolutely nowhere to be.
4. When my mom mispronounces technological devices.*
5. When drivers thank me for letting them pass or turn in front of me.
6. When I untangle a stubbornly knotted necklace.
7. When I catch my boyfriend smiling at me sweetly for no reason.
8. When I dress perfectly for temperamental weather.
9. When I climb under covers that have been freshly washed.
10. When the lights first dim at the beginning of a movie. What are the little things that make you happy?
*She lost her iPod Shuffle a few days ago and (jokingly) considered describing it as a silver, miniature music box.

No comments:

Post a Comment