Monday 19 January 2015

The Balancing Act

I'd like to say that three years later, things have really changed. That my reliance on my phone isn't as intense and that I'm comfortable shutting off and sitting quietly with my own thoughts. We've implemented rules for our bedroom that I consistently break, like checking my email seconds after waking up each morning. I'll slide under the covers, hoping to conspicuously shield his eyes from the screen glare, which never actually works. The truth is, I'm far too dependent on my phone.
I do have a small glimmer of hope in regards to this upcoming scenario: that it'll change the way that I approach my life. Instead of my typical frenzied attempt at excessive multitasking, perhaps having just one thing to focus on will be good for me. I know that I can't expect to find a perfect balance in my life, but I look forward to this next stage and being reminded of the things that matter most, all of which are happening in front of me, far removed from any technological device.

No comments:

Post a Comment