Monday 5 January 2015

Two Thousand Fourteen


I'm not a big believer in New Year's resolutions, at least not the get-down-on-yourself variety that suggest there are numerous problems that need fixing. There's no need for shaming oneself or getting down about past promises that have gone unfulfilled. It's the start of a new year, which calls for a positive perspective on what's ahead. And I have a good feeling about 2014.

For me, this year is about trying new things. Instead of merely talking about a cooking class I want to take, how I've always wanted to try my hand at pottery or learn another language, I plan on following through. The further I get from high school (it's been nearly four years since I graduated), the less I remember what it's like to experiment. Instead of driving across town to try out a dance class, I'm much more likely to sit in front of the TV and eat my dinner. 
This has been a very full year. It's fair to say 2014 has been the most life changing twelve months of my life. We have a lot planned for the new year and I'm excited to share more details in the coming weeks. Thank you for all your love, encouragement, and support, I couldn't have done it without you. So here's to breaking out of routines, trying new things and pushing past comfort zones.  See you in 2015! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment