Wednesday 7 August 2013

Credenza Makeover


A few weeks back I visited my friend's condo that she had recently purchased and sitting outside was this worn-down credenza. The shape was great - with a clean top, ample space, and an intricately shaped underside, but she didn't have room for it in her current place. Instead of selling it, I convinced her that we should set up a sort of sisterhood-of-the-traveling-credenza situation. So I took it home and spruced it up, full well knowing that in a few years she might take it back and re-do it in a bright yellow. Here are the simple steps I took to repaint it and how I incorporated it into the room.
{Before}
{I painted it three coats of glossy bright white with dark navy trimmed drawers.}
{I chose gold hammered knobs, since they felt slightly nautical without being overly thematic.}
 A spray painted tiger - classy way of not decorating for a crazy cat lady.
I added several framed photographs - Also included: miniature pumpkins, Diptqyue's "Figuier" candle, white hydrangeas, a stack of design books, and a Doloris Petunia necklace.
Some shoes are too pretty to keep stowed away in the closet, including my sparkly heels from my graduation
Lastly, I lined the drawers in a fun bicycle print {it's just paper that I secured with double-sided tape} to keep odds and ends, like my {excessive} collection of colored twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment