Thursday 15 August 2013

Loving Right Now



I feel like I'm at a slightly awkward age for art. I'm far from my high school days when I was happy to tape just about anything to my walls, but I also can't waltz into a gallery to find a snazzy piece for my entryway. Though I've yet to even determine the type or genre of art I'm most drawn to {it all kind of intimidates me}, one thing I know for certain: I never want it to look too done, too perfect. I love the look of leaning art in addition to hanging it, especially when the rest of the room looks finished {so it doesn't look like you're in a perpetual state of just-moved-in}. It exudes the same sort of cool vibe you get from a girl who knows the exact way to offset a slouchy beanie with spiky stilettos and adds a bit of unexpected dimension to a space. Here are a few rooms I'm particularly drawn to, as well as my friends mantle to show how I've incorporated it into her own space.




No comments:

Post a Comment