Tuesday 27 August 2013

Rules of Summer


In the same way that you're practically obligated to make holiday cookies in December, there's a separate set of rules for summer. Every year I make a list of things that I'd like to accomplish before Labor Day. They aren't complicated and instead should be carefree and full of fun little indulgences to help savor the warmest months of the year. Here's the list that I've come up with.

1. Attend an outdoor concert
2. Make homemade ice cream with fresh fruit
3. Create a playlist of songs I'm listening to this summer
4. Take walks after dinner at least three times a week
5. Make time to meet up with girlfriends for Sunday brunch
6. Sneak into a fancy hotel pool
7. Visit Stinson Beach {my favorite spot in Northern California}
8. Attend some sort of food festival
9. Donate the summer clothes that I don't end up wearing
10. Master my own signature cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment